Motorcycling has grown in popularity over the past several years. Whether a rider is new to motorcycles or has been riding for a long time, safety is of paramount concern. Not only will following the arizona bike laws keep you safe, but they are there for a reason.
Below are five guidelines that every rider should follow to enjoy their motorcycle better, but to also be safe while riding on the road.
- Read the vehicles manual to fully understand operation and all safety features
- Take a safe riders course to hone mental and motor skills for safe street and highway motorcycling. Become proficient at shifting, braking, turning, and responding to emergencies.
- Wear high visibility protective clothing, concentrating on protective helmets, eyewear, gloves, boots that cover the ankles, sturdy pants, and a jacket
- Always have a valid driver’s license and adequate insurance coverage.
- Conduct good pre ride checkups and routine maintenance.
Driver negligence among motorcyclist riders
Cars rank among motorcyclists most serious risks. No matter how diligent a rider may be about safety, problems can always crop up. When two cars collided in front of an experienced rider, he struck the read of one; suffering leg injures that required surgery. He also missed ten months of work and will experience future lost income. He sued the driver of one car as well as the driver’s employer for negligent vehicle operation. The parties settled before trial.
Stay safe while you are riding your bike, the weather is great for it here in Arizona, but as always stay cautious, and aware of your surroundings while on the road to help prevent motorcycle accidents. Should you ever find yourself in an unfortunate motorcycle accident, it is always advised to seek an experienced Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Lawyer, to help protect your rights and recover compensation for damages and injuries sustained because of the accident itself. Ride Safe!