If you are hosting a New Year's Eve party, following a few simple rules could prevent a tragedy. Be sure to follow these tips in making sure you and your loved ones have a safe and fun way of ringing in the New Year! Have a great time, and be safe! Happy New Year from us here at Zachar Law Firm!
- Plan ahead by naming a "designated driver." Make this your responsibility as the host.
- Contact a local cab company to provide rides for your guests.
- Serve non-alcoholic beverages as an option to your guests.
- Stop serving alcohol to your guests several hours before the party ends.
- Provide your guests with an option to stay overnight in your home.
If you are attending New Year's Eve parties and celebrations:
- If you drink, don't drive.
- Plan ahead and always designate a sober driver before the party or celebration begins.
- If you are impaired, call a taxi, use mass transit, or get a sober friend or family member to come pick you up.
- Or, stay where you are until you are sober.
- Take the keys from someone if you think he/she is too impaired to drive. There may be an argument, but so what. The life of your friend and the lives of others is more important than a little anger.
Unfortunately, the most common accidents on New Year's Eve are car accidents in phoenix. Don't be another statistic.
HOW MANY ACCIDENTS AND TRAGEDIES COULD BE AVOIDED IF PEOPLE JUST SPENT A LITTLE TIME PLANNING AHEAD??
EVERYONE, BE SAFE.