The formula for this answer is fairly clear:
1) Car accident + 2) Not your fault + 3) You need medical treatment = Personal Injury case.
How big is the case/what is the value? Every case is different.
Primarily, there are four factors:
- Nature of injury (what is hurt?);
- Extend of injury (how bad is it?);
- Duration of injury (how long does it take to heal?); and
- Amount of medical bills, lost wages, other out of pocket expenses.
All cases are different, and to assess value it really takes an experienced personal injury lawyer. There are many who advertise ‘personal injury law’, but do they really know what they are doing?
Honestly, many do not. Take time to do you research. Talk to your lawyer. Then decide.