Choosing the right Arizona car accident attorney is essential when you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident.
Riding a motorcycle is a fun and exciting means of transportation. Unfortunately, motorcyclists face a far higher risk of being involved in an accident resulting in injuries. A motorcycle crash is a complex event involving the interaction of drivers, vehicles, and environmental factors.
While there is no "typical" motorcycle accident, what is "typical" is that a motorcycle crash almost always results in serious injuries to the motorcyclist. The lack of any protective barriers between a motorcycle and the opposing object (roadway, other vehicle, etc...) as well as the difficulty that other drivers may experience in anticipating and seeing a motorcycle, leave motorcyclists especially susceptible to injuries in the event of an accident. These injuries are usually severe.
It is important to contact an experienced Arizona car accident attorney immediately after you or a loved one is involved in a motorcycle accident. An Arizona car accident attorney will be able to assist you in recovering compensation for medical bills and other related expenses incurred as a result of your injuries.
The National Highway Traffic and Safety Association (NHTSA) and the Insurance Information Institute, have compiled the most recent statistics with regard to injuries in motorcycle accidents:
- 5,290 motorcyclists are killed every year in the U.S.
- More than 88,000 motorcyclists are injured in accidents in each year.
- Motorcyclists were 32 times more likely to be killed in an accident than car passengers per vehicle mile driven.
- More than half of motorcycle accidents result from collisions with other vehicles.
- Speeding is one of the major contributing factors in motorcycle crashes especially among motorcycle riders under the age of 30.
- More than half of all motorcyclists killed in accidents were not wearing helmets.
- Riders who wear helmets reduce their chances of being fatally injured by nearly 30%
When determining who is at fault in a motorcycle accident, the same factors that are used in determining auto accidents are used. These include weather and road conditions, how fast the vehicles were traveling and whether the drivers were impaired by fatigue or alcohol. Since motorcycle usually result in more serious injuries and increased possibility of death, it is imperative that if you or a loved one is injured in a motorcycle accident, you contact an Arizona car accident attorney today.
An experienced Arizona car accident attorney can determine the best course of action to take in your case and determine whether you are entitled to bring or maintain a legal claim for your injuries and damages.