Auto accident victims often suffer from both financial and physical hardships. Medical bills start adding up; financial burden because those injured are unable to work. There are many different variables that arise after an auto accident.
Are you okay? That is one of the first questions to ask yourself before retaining a Phoenix car accident lawyer.
Follow these 7 steps below to help protect your rights after an accident:
- Obtain the names and all contact information of all witnesses;
- Take pictures of the accident scene (cell phone camera);
- Seek medical attention if needed;
- Do not give any recorded statements to insurance companies;
- File an accident report with police (if possible);
- Keep all receipts for all expenses you accrue; and
- Do not sign a release or waiver for anyone.
Is this an exhaustive list? Of course not. There is not enough room here to cover all the things that one needs to think about after an accident.
These are “rules of thumb”, and are important.
Next step: Do you need a personal injury lawyer?