Are there any signs that point to needing an attorney Or does it depend on the severity of the accident?:
Every case is different, but some factors to consider:
- Is fault for the accident clear or is liability being disputed? Is the a police report or incident report confirming what happened?
- Has the adverse adjuster accepted liability? Are they fixing your car?
- If not, do you have the resources by which effectuate the repair of your vehicle?
- Do you have the resources by which to procure any needed medical treatment?
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions that could possibly be blamed for your post-accident complaints?
- Do you have the time and patience to deal with the insurance companies, knowing that their real job is to pay you as little as possible no matter how nice they may initially appear to be?
These are just a few questions that you need to look into on deciding to hire a personal injury attorney, or if you wish to handle the situation on your own.
Yes, you can handle your own car accident, but why not get in touch with an experienced car accident lawyer to see what options you really have. It's free. There is no real obligation for a free case evaluation.