At the initial meeting, it is very helpful to bring the following to your phoenix personal injury lawyer:
1. Copies of any reports you have regarding your accident, from the police or others;
2. Pictures from the scene or pictures of your injuries;
3. Your auto insurance and health insurance information;
4. Any papers you received at the hospital or from other health care providers related to your treatment;
5. If your claim involves a defective product, it would be helpful to bring the product;
If you don’t have all of the above, you can still meet and determine whether the lawyer is the right one for you. Eventually, your lawyer will need the above items, but they are not required for a first meeting.
At the meeting, the lawyer should be able to fully explain the law relating to your case, the process and procedure that he will take in handling your case and the eventual resolution process of your claim. The lawyer should discuss fees and costs, and be willing to explain the fee agreement for your case.
The more your lawyer understands about the case, the more detailed his explanations can be---so having as much of the above information and documentation will be very helpful for everyone involved.
Hiring a injury attorney in Arizona should not be a painful experience—just the opposite. It should be a huge stress and anxiety reliever for you, knowing that you have an experienced, professional involved to manage all aspects of your case.
Do you get this sense from your lawyer? Do you believe that your lawyer is knowledgeable and has the experience to help you with your claims and the eventual resolution process?
These are important issues for you, and they should be important for your lawyer too.
Do some research, and choose the lawyer that is right for you.