Personal injury cases can be very complex, which is why it is crucial to find the right law firm to represent you and protect your rights.
You’ll hear law firms on the radio, on TV, buses, bus stops and billboards. All of them telling you why they are the best firm, but is that really the case?
Are these advertising law firms really the best to help you with your case? Don’t they have to rely on large numbers of cases to support their advertising budget?
Will my case get lost?
Here are a few warning signs that a particular law firm may not be right for you:
- You only get to talk to an assistant. You can’t talk to your lawyer;
- The law firm practices more than one area of law;
- The law firm doesn’t have a Certified Specialist in the area of law that you need (ask your attorney if he/she is a Certified Specialist);
- The assistant pushes for a commitment. Don’t let pressure get to you if you don’t feel comfortable with the firm;
- The assistant fails to set expectations, and fails to give you information to understand the process;
- The firm has an online history of ignoring clients after they become clients.
- The firm you hired a) fails to respond to your communications or b) listen to your concerns;
- Your case is repeatedly handed off to someone else to do the work.
These are just a few things you should be looking out for when you are looking for the right attorney for you.
A great way you can look for an Attorney or law firm: Search for them online. See what kind of reviews they have. Check with your local State Bar Association as well.
These are crucial pieces to help you obtain the best possible law firm for your injury. Ask questions, get educated. Make the right decision.