Be sure to follow these tips in making sure you and your loved ones have a fun and safe way of ringing in the New Year!
First and foremost, PLAN AHEAD by naming a "designated driver." Make this your responsibility as the host.
- Contact a local cab company/Uber to provide rides for your guests;
- Serve non-alcoholic beverages as an option to your guests;
- Monitor the alcohol your guests are drinking. You don’t need to spoil the fun, but be aware;
- Provide your guests with an option to stay overnight in your home.
If you are attending New Year's Eve parties and celebrations:
- If you drink, don't drive.
- Plan ahead and always designate a sober driver before the party or celebration begins;
- If you are impaired, call a taxi or Uber, or get a sober friend or family member to come pick you up; or
- Stay where you are until you sober up (i.e. stay the night).
- Take the keys from someone if you think he/she is too impaired to drive. There may be an argument, but so what? The life of your friend and the lives of others is more important than a momentary argument.
Unfortunately, the most common injury-causing events on New Year's Eve are car accidents in Phoenix. Don't be another statistic.
HOW MANY ACCIDENTS AND TRAGEDIES COULD BE AVOIDED IF PEOPLE JUST SPENT A LITTLE TIME PLANNING AHEAD??
DESIGNATED DRIVER/TAXI/UBER---THESE ARE NOT DIFFICULT CONCEPTS, BUT IF YOU WAIT TO CONSIDER THEM UNTIL YOU HAVE ALREADY BEGUN TO DRINK ALCOHOL, THE CHANCES OF YOU ACTUALLY MAKING THE RIGHT DECISIONS GO DOWN DRASTICALLY. THIS YEAR: THINK AND PLAN AHEAD---PLEASE!!!!!!
EVERYONE, BE SMART AND STAY SAFE. MAKE THE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION MEMORABLE, BUT FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS!
Happy New Year from all of us at Zachar Law Firm!